- Current Members
- Past Members
Current members of the STOM group
Changhyun Kwon is an associate professor. His research interests include transportation systems, extreme events, infrastructure management, and service operations. He received his PhD and MS in Industrial Engineering from Penn State, and BS in Mechanical Engineering from KAIST.
Anpeng Zhang is a PhD student at UB ISE. His focus area is electric vehicles. He received his BS in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics from Fudan University in 2013. His co-advisor is Dr. Jee Eun Kang.
Mahdi Takalloo is a PhD student at USF IMSE. He received his BS in Industrial Engineering and MS in Systems Engineering, both from Sharif University of Technology.
Zulqarnain Haider is a former Fulbright scholar and current PhD student at the IMSE department at USF. His research interests include application of Operations Research techniques to transportation systems and Healthcare. His current research encompasses issues related to sustainable urban transportation systems and conservation planning/environmental protection. He received his BSc. in Electrical Engineering from UET Lahore, Pakistan and his MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering from University at Buffalo, NY. He has previously worked at Nestle and Lahore University of Management Sciences. His is co-advised by Dr. Hadi Charkhgard.
Liu Su is a PhD student at USF IMSE. Her current research interest is hazardous materials transportation. She received her BS in Industrial Engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, and MS in Industrial and Manufacturing System Engineering from Iowa State University.
Kevin Melendez is a PhD student at the IMSE department of USF. His current research interests are energy transportation, network optimization and hazard conditions prevention. His past research topics were advanced control strategies, fault detection, identification and diagnosis. He received his BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Universidad del Norte, been honored with a Cum Laude award for his master thesis. Previously, he worked at Universidad del Norte as a TA, RA, instructor and project engineer and on a major oil and gas industry in Colombia as an R&D engineer. He is co-advised by Dr Tapas Das.
Aigerim Bogyrbayeva is a PhD student at the IMSE department at USF. She received her BS in Industrial and Operations Engineering from the University of Michigan. Her research interests lie in market design for transportation service systems.
Xufei Liu is a PhD student at the IMSE department of USF. She received her BS and MS in Industrial Engineering from Jilin University in 2014 and 2017, respectively. Her current research interest is hazardous materials transportation.
University of South Florida
- Aritra Pal, Ph.D., 2017, Improving Service Level of Free-Floating Bike Sharing Systems
University at Buffalo
- Nan Ding, Ph.D., 2017, Enabling Urban Parcel Pick-up and Delivery using All-Electric Trucks (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Longsheng Sun, Ph.D., 2016, Designing Regulation Policies for Hazardous Materials Transportation (web) (co-advisor Dr. Mark Karwan)
- Masoumeh Taslimi, Ph.D., 2015, On the Analysis of Two Problems related to Risk Management in Urban Transportation Networks (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Tolou Esfandeh, Ph.D., 2015, Regulating Hazardous Materials Transportation by Dual-Toll Pricing and Time-Dependent Network Design Policies (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Iakovos Toumazis, Ph.D., 2015, Dynamic Chemotherapy Scheduling for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients: Assessments and Improvements (web)
- Md. Tanveer Ahmed, Ph.D., 2013, Revenue Management for Online Advertisement Services
- Paul Berglund, Ph.D., 2012 Three Problems in Discrete Network Facility Location
- Yingying Kang, Ph.D., 2011, Value-at-Risk Models for Hazardous Materials Transportation (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Ali Sattarzadeh, M.S., 2015, Hazmat Network Design Considering Risk and Cost Equity
- Zulqarnain Haider, M.S., 2014, Inventory Rebalancing through Pricing in Public Bike Sharing Systems
- Chelsea Greene, M.S., 2013, OR/MS Approaches to Problems involving Hazardous Materials Risk and Impacts from a Natural Disaster (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Anand Srinivasan, M.S., 2010, Operations of Online Advertising Services and Publisher’s Options
- Amod Anand Agashe, M.S., 2010, Stochastic Revenue Optimization in Online Advertising
- Varun Narayana Kutty, M.S., 2010, Accept-Reject Decision in Online Advertising using Geometric Brownian Motion