- Current Members
- Past Members
Current members of the STOM group
Changhyun Kwon is an associate professor. His research interests include transportation systems, extreme events, infrastructure management, and service operations. He received his PhD and MS in Industrial Engineering from Penn State, and BS in Mechanical Engineering from KAIST.
Zulqarnain Haider is a former Fulbright scholar and current PhD student at the IMSE department at USF. His research interests include application of Operations Research techniques to transportation systems and Healthcare. His current research encompasses issues related to sustainable urban transportation systems and conservation planning/environmental protection. He received his BSc. in Electrical Engineering from UET Lahore, Pakistan and his MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering from University at Buffalo, NY. He has previously worked at Nestle and Lahore University of Management Sciences. His is co-advised by Dr. Hadi Charkhgard.
Aigerim Bogyrbayeva is a PhD student at the IMSE department at USF. She received her BS in Industrial and Operations Engineering from the University of Michigan. Her research interests lie in market design for transportation service systems.
Xufei Liu is a PhD student at the IMSE department of USF. She received her BS and MS in Industrial Engineering from Jilin University in 2014 and 2017, respectively. Her current research interest is hazardous materials transportation.
University of South Florida
- Mahdi Takalloo, Ph.D., 2020, Game Theory Approaches for Transportation Problems
- Kevin Melendez, Ph.D., 2020, On the Convergence of Transportation and Power Systems in Smart and Connected Communities (co-advisor Dr. Tapas Das)
- Liu Su, Ph.D., 2019, Routing and Designing Networks for Two Transportation Problems
- Aritra Pal, Ph.D., 2017, Improving Service Level of Free-Floating Bike Sharing Systems
University at Buffalo
- Anpeng Zhang, Ph.D., 2018, Understanding and Modeling New Transportation Markets with Emerging Vehicle Technologies (co-advisor Dr. Jee Eun Kang)
- Nan Ding, Ph.D., 2017, Enabling Urban Parcel Pick-up and Delivery using All-Electric Trucks (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Longsheng Sun, Ph.D., 2016, Designing Regulation Policies for Hazardous Materials Transportation (web) (co-advisor Dr. Mark Karwan)
- Masoumeh Taslimi, Ph.D., 2015, On the Analysis of Two Problems related to Risk Management in Urban Transportation Networks (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Tolou Esfandeh, Ph.D., 2015, Regulating Hazardous Materials Transportation by Dual-Toll Pricing and Time-Dependent Network Design Policies (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Iakovos Toumazis, Ph.D., 2015, Dynamic Chemotherapy Scheduling for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients: Assessments and Improvements (web)
- Md. Tanveer Ahmed, Ph.D., 2013, Revenue Management for Online Advertisement Services
- Paul Berglund, Ph.D., 2012 Three Problems in Discrete Network Facility Location
- Yingying Kang, Ph.D., 2011, Value-at-Risk Models for Hazardous Materials Transportation (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Ali Sattarzadeh, M.S., 2015, Hazmat Network Design Considering Risk and Cost Equity
- Zulqarnain Haider, M.S., 2014, Inventory Rebalancing through Pricing in Public Bike Sharing Systems
- Chelsea Greene, M.S., 2013, OR/MS Approaches to Problems involving Hazardous Materials Risk and Impacts from a Natural Disaster (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Anand Srinivasan, M.S., 2010, Operations of Online Advertising Services and Publisher’s Options
- Amod Anand Agashe, M.S., 2010, Stochastic Revenue Optimization in Online Advertising
- Varun Narayana Kutty, M.S., 2010, Accept-Reject Decision in Online Advertising using Geometric Brownian Motion